Aguilar Campaign Condemns False Attacks – Call for an Honest, Open Dialogue on Critical Issues Facing Inland Empire

August 12, 2014

San Bernardino, CA – Today, in response to false allegations regarding Mayor Pete Aguilar’s position on Israel and the current conflict in the region, the Aguilar for U.S. Congress campaign put out the following statement:

“False attacks and the spreading of misinformation is always disappointing, especially when voters are faced with such an important choice in selecting their next representative,” said Aguilar’s spokeswoman Tatiana Winograd. “But these allegations against Mayor Aguilar, at a time of increased conflict and violence in the Middle East, are especially troubling. Pete is a strong supporter of the state of Israel, and these comments are not only false, they distract from a meaningful discussion on a serious issue.”

“The residents of San Bernardino County deserve more than false accusations and baseless claims meant only to confuse voters and distract from the real issues. Pete is committed to an honest, open dialogue and running a campaign worthy of this community and the middle class families he is looking to represent,” Winograd said.

The false statements attributed to Aguilar were published on a fake news website one day before the National Journal reported that the, “National Republican Congressional Committee, which came under fire earlier this year for a deceptive series of fake Democratic candidate websites that it later changed after public outcry, has launched a new set of deceptive websites, this time designed to look like local news sources.”

###

8.14.14

News

On Anniversary of Social Security Act, Aguilar Calls for Continued Commitment to Seniors in San Bernardino County

San Bernardino, CA - Today, on the 79th Anniversary of the historic signing of the Social Security Act, Redlands Mayor Pete Aguilar, Democratic candidate for...

Paid for by Pete Aguilar for Congress

Share